• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

task bar and page display problems.

lisa warden

FPCH New Member
Hi all.
I am new here and am looking for some help please.
Yesterday My son managed to change some things on my PC and has no idea how.
What has happened is that the page is too long for the scrren and cannot be dragged, the only way I can change it is to right click on the task bar and click on the tab that says something about a horizontal tile, that enables me to drag it so i can see my boxes in the right hand corner, although this doesnt stay set and each page I open I have to do this over again.
The second thing that has changed is that the task bar is too long for the page now and the clock is off the page, I cannot drag this back at all.
I have restored and basically spent 8 hours trying to source the problem but cannot do it.
Can anyone please help me? (before i go mad!!!)

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
are you sure he has not changed the size settings on your monitor.
what resolution is the screen in,,right click the desktop then properties...
have you done windows system restore.
sounds like screen size via the monitor at first glance
regards
danzil

lisa warden

FPCH New Member
Well Danzil you deserve a star! After hours of fiddling about you hit the nail on the head and it was one of the buttons on the side of the monitor, thanks so much

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
This thread appears to be solved and is now closed

If you are the original poster of this thread and need it re-opened, then please PM (Private Message) an Administrator or Moderator