• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

The Photo Thread

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
At last technology can now allow us to order a beer, and also have it delivered fresh from the pub bar pump, straight to your picnic table by internet.

Nev.

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
OK, the above is a composite known as Out Of Bounds, or OOB, done with the free graphics software Photofiltre.

Here are the two images used.

I took this one first.

Then posed for this,

The magic is in knowing how to use the various tools that Photofiltre now has.

Nev.

Vr5fx

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
That is pretty awesome, Nev. :)

I went out bashing with my RC buggy with a mate.

Yeah it was pretty awful to clean lol. Should have stopped off at a jet wash on the way home.

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Looks like you drove it through a dung heap !!

Nev - that looks like a pint of mild you are being served :)
Great effect !!

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
The technique known as "Out Of Bounds" is where you take a part of one original image and cut round it to insert into a frame so a part of the original image is outside the frame, or the "Bounds", therefore giving a three dimensional effect. Something I have played with recently and can obtain some stunning effects such as that.

Here is one I did some time since.

Oh, and yes it was a pint of Theakstons dark mild, a lovely brew and was enjoyed on the day of the original photograph. The landlady was a little puzzled as to why I wanted her to pose like that, hopefully she will like the result when she sees it tonight.

Nev.

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Nice one Nev - How long does something like this take ?

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
A lot depends on where you start, if right at the planning stage, it then depends on finding or even going out with the camera to take the images required.
However once you have what you want it can be three to four hours depending what work is needed to get the desired result, and also of course the graphics software used. I have recently bought Photoshop Elements 11, which once I have learned the full ins and outs, it should be a little quicker as various tools are more easier to use.

All previous of these images were done with a free version, (yes we all like free, but sometimes paid for is better) a software called Photofiltre. For a freeware the latest version is exceptionally good, though PS elements 11 is better.

For the next one I have some images I took yesterday, I just need a good one of a horse, though a cow might do at a pinch.

Nev.

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
Just remembered I didn't post the one with the horse. Not quite as spectacular as the others, however it was done using Elements 11 as part of the learning how to use it, I now use nothing else as the free stuff is a bit too limited, OK for some simple things, however you get what you pay for.

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
Just remembered this thread, I did obtain the same model camera as DSTM, the Canon SX50HS, the zoom is astonishing so back to ordinary photography with a couple of shots of that large chunk of rock we call the moon.
These were taken some time since in mid July with zoom at around 150 X or above, and are of the moon on the wane, (you get a better picture of the craters on the edge of the sunlight then)

DSTM

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
That is excellent, Nev. I like the reflection in the mirror. Well done.

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Brilliant Nev - I had you down as a bitter man ???

Top Bottom