• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

'This Drive Must Be Formatted'? brand new toshiba art 1tb just stoped working?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotlass

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Are you absolutely sure that the folders you were looking at were the Windows ones and not the Ubuntu ones ?
yeah, they were the folders i had created on my external before it broke on me :(

Armageddon

FPCH Distinguished Member
PC Experience
Pc Guru
You could run Recuva overnight yes due to the size of your drive , as I said earlier it may not recover anything but I have used it on many occasions and always managed to recover something , just make sure you recover any files to the laptop hard drive you can always move them back

JedTheFed

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Seems like a lot of work. I would try going to the command prompt and typing

CHKDSK G: /F

Works for me :)

Gary

KenB

Administrator
This tread is 4 years old Gary - I doubt that the OP will be following it now.

Welcome to FpcH :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom