• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Trouble installing Graphics Card

Deadalus

FPCH New Member
Hi I recently Bought a Packard bell I-EXTREME 850 and it has an intergrated via\s36 unichrome pro igp, and i want to install a ATI Radeon 9600 in its place. So heres the problem i install the new video card into AGP slot and turn the PC back on but it wont boot back up. im positive its because i need to diable the exsisting card, im just not sure how to go about that. Any Help would be much appreciated.

varispeed

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
Windows XP - Professional
No information on Packard Bell's website about an iXtreme 850. There's an 8500 model but not sure if that's your one. If you go on to Packard Bell's website under support, you can enter the serial number on the back of the machine and this will show you specific information regarding the model of your PC.

In most cases the motherboard should auto detect the AGP card and you'll get basic VGA output on the monitor until you've loaded up the drivers for it. Can't be sure until you give more information on the model of your PC though.