• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Trying to Install Microsoft Office

gracie

FPCH New Member
Hello,

I am currently trying to Install 'Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage' on my Laptop. However after putting in the product key the files start to transfer and get stuck on excel.exe. Then a message box appears saying:

Error 1305. Setuo cannot read file C:\program files\microsoft office \office10\EXCEL.EXE
Check your connection to the network or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem
see D:\files\Pfiles\msoffice\office10\1033\setup.HLP

I have tried following the above link to get help but none of the options there seem to offer a solution.
I am ok on computers but by no means compatant enough to even know where to begin to solve this!

If anyone can offer any help it'd be much appreciated!

Cheers

Jamey

FPCH Member
It sounds like the disc you have is scratched and your computer cannot read it anymore. You could try cleaning the CD with a CD cleaning kit, they are widely available in a lot of home stores. If you can prove that you own a genuine license and copy of Microsoft Office, you may be able to get a replacement disc from Microsoft. They usually charge a fee.

If you are in the US or Canada: How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any UK guides to doing this. The UK phone number for Microsoft is 0870 60 10 100, they should be able to direct you appropriately.