• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

two tone alarm sounding on my computer,

brunoalan

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Home Edition
There is a two tone alarm sounding on my pc, I am running XP, and every thing is working OK, I have tried defrag etc and there are NO viruses, Can some one please help? it is driving me nuts

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
what motherboard do you have...
the first thought i had was maybe you have set the cpu temperature (cut out,warning) wrong in the bios so that may be worth checking.
also you board may have chassis intrusion sensor,is htis active.maybe a jumper for it has come of the board...
post back your board make n model
regards
danzil

brunoalan

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
I am so sorry I do not now what motherboard is in my pc, How do I find out please? Also i have noticed upon further inspection that a USB socket on the front of my pc is damaged could that be the cause? as the pc is running perfectly well , but sometimrs this alarm comes on and stays on thankyou for any help you can give me but I am not too technically minded

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
download programme http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/AIDA.shtml run te exe,aand then click motherboard it will then tell you the make.....
you could power the pc down take the side of the case of,and trace back the usb cable fron the front panel then dissconnect it if it isnt in use......the cable will usually be in 2 groups of 4 red,white,green,black on ta connector that has usb written under it.....
that way you can check your fanms for clogging etc....
regards
danzil
ps make sure oyu power the pc off and disconnect all power to it before touching the interior...only touch cables to much static from your body could damged hardware.

brunoalan

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Thank you for all your information Danzil, I will try out your info tomorrow Thursday, for your information the mother board is a nVidIA-nFORCE, suggestion does not work I will post you back yhanks again mate

brunoalan

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Thanks Danzil, I did what you suggested and removed the connection to the usb port and Eureka no alarm, I have run the pc all day to test it, all is ok Danzil again Many thanks much appreciated

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
This thread appears to be solved and is now closed

If you are the original poster of this thread and need it re-opened, then please PM (Private Message) an Administrator or Moderator