• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Unable to boot Fijutsu Seimens Scaleo P desktop computer

jdyer

FPCH New Member
The computer comes up with the message "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter" because the computer was switched off at the mains before it had time to close down properly.
The system is operating on a Windows XP Media Center 2005 edition (this is what the Product recovery DVD says on it) and I am seeking advise on how to restart the computer without losing all the data on the hard drive.
The handbook has suggested putting in the recovery disk and when I do this the prompt appears on a blue screen 'window setup'. Message appears that setup is loading different system files before says :welcome to setup'. It then offers two options to either set up windows xp now by pressing enter,or to repair a window xp installation using recovery console pressing r or the third option is to quit.
I don't know what to do as I don't want to lose my data.
Any idea?
Thanks.
Jon

W

Wolfeymole

Hi Jdyer

Welcome to Free PC Help

Choose the second option to repair, this will restore the windows system files and leave yours intact.

However the message could be indicative of a failing hard drive but not necessarily.

jdyer

FPCH New Member
Thanks. I took the second option as you suggested but it simply told me to enter exit to quit the recovery console and restart the computer and when I did it tried to restart but took me back to the blue screen with window set up on it.i

W

Wolfeymole

It seems that you have 3 options:

1: To set up windows xp now by pressing enter

2: To repair a window xp installation using recovery console by pressing r

3: Exit

You did insert the Recovery Disk yes?

jdyer

FPCH New Member
Yes, disk was in but it seems to be unable to recover it and just continues to go round in a loop! I think I will have to take the tower to someone I know tomorrow and ask them to do a data backup before starting windows xp again.
Unless you have any other suggestion?
Appreciate the quick response.
Jon

W

Wolfeymole

You could hook the hard drive to another pc as slave and drag your files off that way, but if it's dying then that may not prove fruitful either. I would try that.