• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

unallocated region on hard drive

mattmo60

FPCH New Member
I recently attempted to re format my computer, which has failed, but thats not the issue.
i put all my data on a second hard drive to save it all, but now ive put it into another computer to retrieve half the drive, which im hoping is where all my stuff is comes up as being unallocated, and so wont let me get at it. Im not sure why the computer has put a partition in the middle of the drive and i was wondering if there is a way of getting all the data back off the drive.the drive is a sata 2 drive running on a computer with xp service pack 2.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Jamey

FPCH Member
TestDisk is a powerful free data recovery program that might be able to help you. It should be able to recover your missing partition and allow you to access the data again.