• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

unusual "no signal input" problem..

bluckfactory

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Windows Vista - Ultimate
Hi, i got a new pc a while back, im sorry that i really know very little about computers, but there seems to be an odd problem. ive checked a lot online, and most people seem to have a problem with "no signal input" showing up on the monitor from the moment it starts up. for me, it will work fine, for hours on end, until i try to play a game. for example, i will load PKR, CS source, call of duty 4, and within minutes the monitor will display 'no signal input'. i have to reboot the pc, and it will be fine again. i have played certain games such as world of warcraft for hours and never had a problem, with command and conquer 3 this has only happened once, but pkr will do it within a minute or two every time. if anyone can help, you would pretty much save my life. thanks. oh, and heres my..well, you get it:
AMD Athlon, nvidia 8600GT/HTDP/, 250GB Sata 2 Hard Drive , 2048 DDR 2 800 MHz , Vista

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi bluckfactory:
Am I reading your specs right? 800 MHz Processor and Vista. Which version?

bluckfactory

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Windows Vista - Ultimate
yeah, sorry, processor is AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 6000+, or at least thats what it tells me. still having the same problem.