• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Updates will not install?

JagiBear

FPCH Member
Hi Guys, i have reinstalled Windows XP Home, install everything i needed too, went to Windows up date and there is 97 updates, they will not install, I have turned off firewall in case this was preventing it no change. Help please no idea where to go or what to do?

JagiBear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
If this was a clean install - meaning that you reformatted the hard drive and installed from the CD, the updates should work.

If it was a repair, then you may have other issues.

Why and how did you reinstall Windows?

JagiBear

FPCH Member
RE: NON installed updates

Hi its starts off installing, then says no updates where installed. and thats it. it was a clean install after format, which i have done many times without any problems.
JagiBear xxxxxxx

JagiBear

FPCH Member
RE: NON installed updates

Hi Guys, thank you very much, i renstalled windows again and seems to be ok.
JagiBear xxxxxxx

petef

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
Windows Vista - Ultimate
Hi Guys, i have reinstalled Windows XP Home, install everything i needed too, went to Windows up date and there is 97 updates, they will not install, I have turned off firewall in case this was preventing it no change. Help please no idea where to go or what to do?

JagiBear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm glad to hear that you finally fixed the problem by reinstalling again,
but for future reference, you or if anyone else has a similar problem, try
going to START > RUN and type in the following commands to
re-register several *.DLL files and that might fix the problem.

regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll
regsvr32 /s wups2.dll
regsvr32 /s wups.dll
regsvr32 /s wuweb.dll

---pete---