• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

USB and wireless problems

connell83

FPCH New Member
my pc has suddenly gone so slow and has serious problems...

I have 2 pc's in the house, mine and my dads. I connect to the internet through wireless. I have a wireless card I plug into my pc through a USB port.

Always used to work fine until suddenly. It finds the wireless netwrok I want to connect to then connects and litereally only connects for 10 seconds, then disconnects. I take my USB wireless adapter out and put it back in and it wont find any network at all, unless I restart my pc and then i have the same problem again!

I tried to uninstall any of the USB ports listed in device manager and my pc freezes up and it wont do it. It seems that my USB ports are messed up somehow.

Also my CD drive seems corrupt. It wont play any CD's or DVD's anymore, i'm thinking to do a whole system recovery but this is a last resort as I have software I need on there whch I have lost the CD's.

I have tried going back to system restore dates and still the same problem. Virus checked, registry fix check, adware checks, all done, and nothing,

im depserate now.

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi
What anti-virus are you using? Regisrtry cleaners doesnt really work and is not a good idea to run them. Have you tried re-installing the USB ports or update the drivers?

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
My not saying for sure, but it could be that the USB wireless adapter is bad. One of my customers had a very similar problem with a Netgear USB wireless adapter. I installed a D-Link and the Internet connection was solid.