• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

USB device (not installed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniell

FPCH Member
I have a problem with my USB ports, cos all of them seem to have a drivers as i go to the device manager. However they dont work. When i go to the BIOS setup it says "USB controller : On" but also "USB device (Not Installed)". I'm currently using Windows XP Professional but i just changed the motherboard and proc. since then all USB ports dont work. Does anyone know whats wrong?

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi Daniell

Welcome to Free PC Help.

Do you get any error meassages when plugging a device in the USB port?

The best would be to uninstall all USB drivers and then reboot so windows can install them again.

Tell us if you get stuck.

Daniell

FPCH Member
i just made a small checkout with everest and it says:
"Fast Back-to-Back Transactions: Supported, Disabled" for every USB controller but firstly ill try to do as u told me.

Daniell

FPCH Member
i tried as u said. AND IT WORKED!! I love u guys xD. I was afraid I'll be using numpad mouse forever ;d but now my usb one works properly. THX again.

Daniell

FPCH Member
That problem still occurs but after rebooting my system. I need to reinstall all USB's all over again. Can sbd tell me whats wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.