• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

user account issue windows xp home

rjsroc

FPCH New Member
problem is user switching. Unable to switch users as it will not accept passwords. First user can log on using a password but when switching to other user, it will not accept current password. If the origional person to log on trys to log back, on the computer will not accept the password which was just successfully used. If I see the "have you forgot you password" sign once more I will scream. I have tried eliminating passwords but that does not work either. After the first successful logon using no password, the computer will start asking for one when you try to switch users. Can anyone help me

rjsroc

FPCH New Member
Andy, I have partly solved my problem. I have deleted microsoft netframe and also shut down fast switching. The computer will now accept correct passwords and does not lock any one out after switching users. One problem still occurs and that is when you log out and attempt to log on another user, the blinking vertical line in the password entry window may not show up so you can't log on. I found a work around for that which is hitting control-alt-delete. This causes another window to show up and then you have to enter both your name and password. I really don't think I have found the actual cause of the problem, just a way around. I am beginning to suspect the computer just dosn't like me!