• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

video controller hardware

bajanbim

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Windows XP - Home Edition
by mistake (!) I unistalled and deleted my video controller programme. When i restart my lap top the hardware wizard asks me to install the video controller hardware and I have no disc. I am on Windows XP.

What effect will this have and how do I reinstall if necessary?

Thanks

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
what is the make of your graphics card...
run through the wizard and allow it to connect to microsoft (internet connection must be active),you may be lucky and get it that way.
if not i will need the make of the graphics card, or laptop (if it is one). and i will post you a link to the driver download.
regards
danzil

bajanbim

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
The wizard runs while I have internet connection but can't find anything. Where would I find details of the graphics card?

Its a 2 year old Advent lap top

Thanks

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
wgat make advent laptop is it.....it will say the model on the underside of hte laptop.
and also on the monitor.
regards
danzil

bajanbim

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
its a Advent 6001, Model kn1

Thanks

bajanbim

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Hi

Did the intel download and everything is working well. Thank you thank you thank you!

R