• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

virus alert wont go!

nickfoale

FPCH New Member
can anyone help me??? please

I'm pretty sure I'm protected well but recently I've had a notification saying my computer is infected with a virus, dangerous infection was detected etc etc. I've run windows defender and mcafee and the status shows it's ok I think.

How do i get rid of the annoying pop up which appears every 5 minutes or so??

Please!!!

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
can you describe what the pop up looks like,also exactly what it says.and where the icon is.
look in add and remove programmes and see if you havnt installed naything you dont know about.
download ewido from http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ update it and then run a complete scan.remove what ever it finds......there is a recommended action when the scan os completed,choose delete.
give that a whirl