• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Virus/trojan/worm, On Xp Sp2????

cd1951

FPCH New Member
Somehow, with appropriate software installed (Nortons Systems Works-Full Edition updated daily) and Sygate Firewall installed and Spybot installed, I have managed to get a 'Worm/Virus/Trojan' onto my computer.

Not being technically minded, but having been using the computer from Windows 3.1 right through to XP, have experienced the 'odd' attack of one thing or another!!

My problem now is, my computer shuts down and restarts within a couple of minutes of starting it up and the process keeps repeating. I can start the compuiter in Safe Mode and it stays on!! I have removed all unecessary programmes, so it only has the bare minimum installed. In Safe Mode I am unable to access any of my files & documents which I want to save.

I seem to remember a 'worm/trojan/virus' which did a similar thing when I had Windows 95/98 and have tried running 'FXSasser' exe, but to no avail.

Does anybody know what the problem can be and is there any way I can save my files & documents before I have to reformat the hard drive or is there a 'fix' available??

All advice and help gratefully accepted!!

Many thanks for reading!!

I am using my spare computer to issue this and connect to the net!!

londonles

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi

Firstly can you download a copy of hi jack this from http://www.merjin.org and post back the log to this forum, when can then have a look to see whats going on. Be sure to copy it in your c drive and run it from a temp file

les