• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Vista Home Preium problem

crazzzi

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
I recently installed Windows Vista Home Preium OEM. I chose to use the upgrade option from XP Home so I could revert back to XP if I didnt like Vista or there were problem. After installing Vista my harddrive kept going nuts but the memory and cpu were not. I decided to a clean install of vista but every time I run the set up program I end up with this error:
Windows cannot access required file E:\Sources\Install.wim. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error Code 0x800701E7

If it helps I am running AMD Athlon64 x2 4200+ Dual Core, 160GB HD, 1GB Memory
Any help would be brilliant

bloom

FPCH New Member
i can not send anything out of my mail it says low memory i can not uninstall norton something is wrong with a modcule i tried to down load windows live onecare will not work at all i am so mixed up here i do not even now if i am running like i should be can any one help me get back to my correct settings or something can i reinstall vista pam huber