• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Vista- monitor keeps on falling asleep and not waking up again..

Kitty

FPCH New Member
I've just started using a new PC with vista, but for some reason the monitor turns itself off like it's in sleep mode(which I have disabled via control panel), I press the power button on the monitor and it turns on for a second(the power LED, not the screen), but then shuts off again so I have to turn the PC off at the power button and restart windows. It does it more frequently when It's running games. Anyone have any ideas what I can do? because I'm stuck.

Jamey

FPCH Member
It sounds like there is a problem with either Windows Vista (of which I have not much experience with) or your computer is configured incorrectly. The best option for you is to try and contact the technical support of your PC manufacturer; since it is definitely still under warranty they will be obliged to resolve the problem.

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
have you tried upgrading your graphics card driver,
what graphics card do you have.
have you tried a different monitor.
these are somethings i would try may be worth a shot if technical support can not help
regards
danzil