• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

vista / MS works compatability

beowulf04844

FPCH New Member
hi everyone....my first post here
im about to buy a new desktop pc and of course it will come with vista (premium) but it comes with a 60 day trial of MS works.....i dont really want to stump up even more money at the end of the 60 days and would like to do what i did to my XP laptop a few months ago when i had the same problem.....i have a genuine copy of Works.....2000 i think.......i just deleted the locked software and installed the older but perfectly usable version i had.....my question is will i be able to do that on a vista powered machine?......is XP software compatable with Vista?

thanks in advance for any help given