• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Web browsers don't work

igrek001

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
Operating System
Windows XP - Professional
I have notebook Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422 with resently installed Window 7 Ultimate OS. It worked ok untill today.
For some reason today my Slimbrowser and Google Chrome stopped working, even though the Internet connection is ok (the Skype works).
When I checked the Troublshouting Internet connection, a diagnos was received: 'The remote device or resource won't accept the connection' and more detail:
'The device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not set up to accept connectionon port "The World Wide Web service(HTTP)"
Please help to resolve the problem.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Does Internet Explorer or other browser like Firefox work OK?

If so have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling those browsers?

If the answer to both is no have you checked for malware?

If so what do you have and what have you scanned with?