• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

what laptop to buy

sheshe27

FPCH New Member
Hi i am thinking of buying my daughter a laptop for her birthday,she is in her mid 20s.She only really uses her pc for surfing the net and watching movies.
I am useless with any kind of electronics and have no idea what to look for,my budget is only up to about £400,i have been looking at the Dell Inspiron 1525
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum
Thanks

W

Wolfeymole

Hi sheshe

Welcome to Free PC Help

Well it looks ok to me and we could sit here all day and discuss pro's and cons but I'm more interested in where your thinking of getting it from.

sheshe27

FPCH New Member
well i have been looking on the Dell website,and also PC world to find the best laptop for the best price:)

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
I would go for a Dell or an HP.

Even the most basic models of the above will suffice for her needs.

W

Wolfeymole

I would also buy direct from Dell, make sure that they will supply all system disks before you do though.

Regarding PC World, read this.

sheshe27

FPCH New Member
Hi thanks for the help,think i will avoid PC World then,to be honest i ahte even going into that place.
Sorry to sound a complete wally but what are system discs??

W

Wolfeymole

Sorry I should have mentioned.

System disks are things like;

XP or Vista Operating System disk or Recovery disk.
Driver Re-Installation Disk
Possibly a Read Me Instructional Help disk. (Optional)

These are things you could need should you ever wish to restore your laptop back to factory condition