• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

What PHP script should I code?

Jamey

FPCH Member
Every now and again I get utterly bored and I am sitting at my computer. (Doesn't everyone?) One idea I have is to write a useful PHP script that I can release under the GPL for anyone to use. What do you think I should write? I want to make something useful but slightly different or unique. :)

Edit: I only want to write something that will be able to be utilized by lots of people, i.e. they download and use it on their own website.

I

imported_Mike

What about a nice little Poll system.. Either for FPH or just in general.. Could edit the questions easily, and let people vote and see results.. Would be interesting. Something i might consider to put on the site later on...

:)

Mike x

Jamey

FPCH Member
Yeah, good idea! There is actually a mod for PunBB but I think that could get annoying with a flurry of random pointless posts, like, "Do you like my poll?" What version of PHP does the server run, by the way? Is my favourite SQLite available? :lol: Otherwise, I'd play around with a small MySQL table. :)

Jamey

FPCH Member
Aw, okay then. :p

The way I code something is by looking at all of the other scripts available, deciding they're all quite **** and then thinking "blimey it's easy to make something so much better". :lol: