• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

win 7 vlc. Program

9600gt

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Very Experienced
hi all windows 7 users
I have vlc media player on my win 7 pc. Usually i could play my movies as a background on win XP using the wallpaper mode in VLC. I cant seem to do that in windows 7.
Does anyone have a vlc program that will allows me to play movies as my wallpaper?
Very kind regards

Goku

FPCH Long Term Member
Hello Helenka. Have you tried using the Windows XP Mode feature in Windows 7? If yes, then what results did it yield? Though the mode is not exactly used for this method, I am unable to think of an alternate fix at the moment.

Meanwhile I will try searching for other possible solutions. Good Luck.

-- Goku

Goku

FPCH Long Term Member
Also have you actually enabled the setting or not? If you haven't and don't know how, here is a short guide on how to do so.

Hope that helps. :)

-- Goku

9600gt

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Very Experienced
i have it enabled, thanx. Also tried running it on a sep monitor. Didnt work. If i run it as XP mode it works the same as on win7. Even tried direct X wallpaper. Tx for reply. Mabe there's a win 7 version available?
Have a gud nite

seedy21

Super Moderator & Security Team
PC Experience
Pc Guru
Hey

Have you updated your direct X ? this maybe one of the problems
hope it helps

seedy21
I think (think) that windows 7 has DreamScene. Try right clicking one of your movie files and look for Set as Desktop Background

hope it helps

seedy21

PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
Remember that Vista and W7 have very different OS architecture from XP, for one they both use DX10 and 11, and while they may not always be used your software will have to support it

Visit their page for newer releases www.videolan.org/vlc/

9600gt

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Remember that Vista and W7 have very different OS architecture from XP, for one they both use DX10 and 11, and while they may not always be used your software will have to support it

Visit their page for newer releases www.videolan.org/vlc/

I see. Will check it out thanks