• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Win XP PC help!

denisemcg06

FPCH New Member
Hiya, i have a Compaq Presario 5000 and it was working fine up until 2 nights ago! I went to startup the other morning and it got to the Windows XP black screen and went no further?? The Blue loading bars were moving, but my PC wouldn't log on. Also, my monitor turns itself off now when i start up the presario....it didn't do that until a few failed attempts to log on in safe mode.

Thanks for any advice :)

W

Wolfeymole

Hello Denise

Welcome to Free PC Help

Try tapping F8 as soon as the computer starts up to get back into Safe Mode.
When in safe mode choose Last Known Good Configuration like in the shot below.