• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Windows 11 Resources

AWS

PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
Windows 11 was released for the general public starting October 5, 2021. The rollout through Windows update has started to the eligible devices and continue until 2022.
Resources for Windows 11 on Microsoft Community:

The following Forum Articles from our Article Authors at Microsoft Community would help to get started with Windows 11, including upgrading manually and a deeper dive at the new features incoming with Windows 11:
Forum articles on Features in Windows 11:

The Forum Articles on Features in Windows 11 are as under:
Support Documents from Microsoft Support:

You can always start a new post in this forum for any questions or assistance regarding Windows 11.

joddle

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Although my Dell 7040 is not mentioned on the "approved list" for W11 and the MS checker say my PC is not compatible, - I have read W11 will run on my machine with the Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz processor. However if I wanted to update my machine to W11 will it have to be a clean install or will my W10 stuff be migrated to the new OS?

• Admin

AWS

PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
I am not sure. I would think you would be able to migrate all your settings and programs using the migration assistant.

Top Bottom