• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Windows ME will not start

Annie

FPCH New Member
my computer crashed and I had to restart it, now all it does is prompt me to set up in either safe mode, normal, logged or step by step configuration, I have tried all four but it will only try to set up in safe mode then doesn't go any further, could you give me some advise please,

pc tech

FPCH Member
Hi annie

need to go into safemode and run system restore and restore back to an earlier time to fix this to do this follow these instructions
click start programs accessories system restore click a date that is in bold and choose restorecomputer to an earlier time let it shutdown the pc and reboot to continue the process it will tell you whether it was successful or not