• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

windows media player 10

kansasduo

FPCH New Member
I searched and did not find this problem listed anywhere. I consider myself pretty pc savvy but this has got me stumped. Anytime I load media player or any video player (Nero etc) my computer all but locks up. It slows down to almost stopping and all the icons begin to flash on and off. I have to "hard dump” it to refresh. I’ve tried updating video drivers ,reinstalling WMP . I am running windows XP Service pack 2. I also tried dxdiag didn’t find a thing. Running bit defender it did not find any viruses. Any help would be appreciated.