• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

windows onecare live problem

pecker

FPCH New Member
im tryin to install panda platinum 2007 on my laptop but it keeps sayin that windows onecare is still installed....ITS NOT!!! so i ran regcure and this came up under file/path references.

the file referenced doesnt exist
Key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Microsoft/Malwareprotection
DataArchive=C:/Program Files/Microsoft Windows OneCare Live/Antivirus
/{7dc3677e-1ae0-4939-b2a1-717207d8c2f5}

then when i press fix errors it says its fixed but again ITS NOT!
if i run regcure again the same thing happens.iv ran system mechanic on it aswell and the same thing happens.
iv spend days looking around the computer now and its lucky i havent thrown it out the window.

so any help now would be great im running out of ideas
thanks in advance

Jamey

FPCH Member
Due to how much time and effort you are spending on this, it would be wiser to backup your files and settings, do a clean reinstall of Windows and then restore your files and settings. This way, you will have a fresh installation of Windows with all of your important data and you will then be able to install "Panda Platinum 2007". Unfortunately, this will wipe out any other programs you currently have installed also.

So, if you want to go down this route you will have to make sure you have: your original Windows XP CD and license key, a blank CD/DVD to burn your files and settings to, some patience and time.

Here are a few articles that will help:

How to use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
How to install or upgrade to Windows XP