• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Windows Wont Load, Beeping Sound

Hi, im wondering if anyone can help me. When i switch on my pc, it doesnt load to windows at all, infact....the screen does not even go on, and it makes a beeping sound which does not STOP, it just beeps non-stop.

Can you help me with this, i thought that maybe it could be the graphic card but i dont know. Maybe its either the ram too??

My pc specs:
Intel Pentium 4 HT technology
1024mb Ram
128 Nvidia geforce graphic card
260gb hard drive.

W

Wolfeymole

Hello Lowrider

Welcome to Free PC Help

Shut down and make sure the memory is securely seated and reboot, get back to us if you still encounter the beeps.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Also, if that's two 512 sticks, then try one at a time.

If that doesn't work and you have onboard video, then remove the video card and try the system with the onboard video.

Wolfeymole, yes I made sure both 512mb ram sticks are securely seated. they seem to be fine although the problem is still occurring.

And 'Seth', yes I have tried putting in each 512mb stick, and the problem still exists. I have also tried removing the video card, but when i put on the computer it makes an even worse sound.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
So did you just re-seat the video card, or did you have onboard that you tried?

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Unplug the computer, pull out the cmos battery and let it sit for 30 minutes. Put the battery back in and see if it fires up.