• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Windows XP - Error On Startup

Method101

FPCH Member
Recently when i turn on my PC ive been getting this strange error message, i normally click 'ok' and just continue but its getting annoying now seeing this error every time i turn on my pc. i Even wiped my PC but the problem still came back.

Does anyone know what causes this error? can you explain to me? :eek:

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi Method

What does the error message say?

You said you wiped your pc - do you mean that you did a clean install of Windows?

Method101

FPCH Member
Hi Method

What does the error message say?

You said you wiped your pc - do you mean that you did a clean install of Windows?
yes i reinstalled everything, the picture shows what the error message says, thanks.
:)

note: ime going to school now so i wont be able to reply again till later.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Here's the error message.

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memeory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.