• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Windows XP help please !

bill_fordham

FPCH New Member
When I restart my PC, I am presented with a blank screen... there is no Windows Start button and so cannot open the start menu.

I can open programmes using Windows Task Manager and have tried to run the computer in safe mode, but this also gives me a blank screen.

When I shut down, I get a message that a programme is still running and is not responding. The programme is shown as 494D195AOEFE4E50ADBCB20A112... . I use the 'end programme now' option to close this programme, but get the same message every time I shut down afterwards.#

How can I get back to 'normal' ?

Any advise would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Bill

W

Wolfeymole

This thread appears to be solved and is now closed
If you are the original poster of this thread and need it re-opened, then please PM (Private Message) an Administrator or Moderator