• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Windows xp will not boot up/error 1706

kinamyen

FPCH New Member
I just recived a comp from a freind of mine and i was removing some currupted software. One of the programs was Comodo, after i did this i started getting error 1706. It kept trying to reinstall its self. Now the computer is stuck on the blue screen at start up, the one that has Windows XP : windows is starting up....... I cant get past this screen... thanks for any help in advance.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi kinamyen;
Have you tried tapping the F8 key at bootup and selecting Last Known Good Configuration?

RandyL

kinamyen

FPCH New Member
Ok I got i got it to boot up with last known good config, noe i am still getting error 1706 on start up. It is trying to load Comodo back on. I already did an uninstall, but there are some files I missed or something.