• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

wireless dongle help

blue_jjb

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
i think its dongle anyway i'll get straight to the point i just bought and installed windows vista onto a new partition on my hard drive (both xp and vista on there so i dont miss xp and incase vista went wrong...which it did) and straight away i have run into a brick wall.

i installed it all fine except for my wireless usb internet adapter (which connets to my router) apparantly the cd doesnt contain a driver for vista. I tried searching the internet for a driver on with xp with no such luck.

this is probably down to the fact that it isnt a big brand adapter (i wanted something cheap lol). anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

the wireless adapter is the - DIGITUS WIRELESS LAN USB 2.0 ADAPTER or so it says on the disc any way so again thanks in advance.

blue_jjb

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
yup tht looks like it but i must hav got the earlier model (even though they look the same) cos my install cd doesnt have the vista driver on it. ive looked on that site and there doesnt seem to be one available for download??

anything u guys can sugest?

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Without knowing the exact model and dealing with a site that's only partially in english it's hard to tell if it's vista compatable or if there are newer drivers available from the website.

However on the model I linked to it appears the install instructions for the drivers are rather specific. If it is your model or the driver install instructions are the same for yours then read on.

Go to the download page and print the PDF file and try to install via that method. Digitus

The direct link for the PDF download is here. PDF file

RandyL

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
Unfortunately Vista drivers are setup different for detection and installation. You need to have at least some type of basic driver that runs on Vista. On and Older OS like 2000 or XP you can often use a driver from the other OS and it will work fine, but with Vista you generally can't use an older driver.

Maybe look for a cheap USB unit that does have a Vista driver, or contact the MFG and see if maybe they have a beta driver their willing to send you.