• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Wireless Mouse Problem

LEYTONM

FPCH New Member
I bought an Advent wireless mini mouse to use at work on my laptop as i have limited desk space.

Followed all instructions and it was working fine within 2 mins, however it is affecting another user in the building (200 yards away!!!). I cant understand this, as I presume the range of the mouse would be about 2 metres max?? Is there anything I can do to stop their mouse icon moving when I move it.

Can anyone help - its driving me mad

Cheers
Leyton M

W

Wolfeymole

Hello Leyton

Welcome to Free PC Help

You could try having a look in the mouse settings in Control Panel and see if you can reduce the range.
If you can't and rather than wrap your entire work station in lead sheeting I'd get a wired optical mouse.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
How are you determining that it's affecting another computer 200 yards away in a different building?

There is no way a wireless mouse can transmit that far unless you're powering it with a nuclear reactor:).