• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Wireless routers

Hi all,

I have just signed up for Talk Talk's free broadband service. I have recieved the router although the service is not active yet, whilst reading through the documentation a thought occurred and i hope someone can help.

We have a desktop PC and a laptop, the documentation seems to say that you can connect via an ethernet cable OR wirelessly, not both at the same time. This would mean i would have to buy a USB wireless adaptor for my desktop, which i don't want to do as although its only a small expense, it is an expense never the less.

I intended to connect the desktop via a cable and the laptop wirelessly, should this be possible?

Many thanks

Nick

W

Wolfeymole

You can indeed Nick as my lad does exactly that.
Hard wire the main pc (desktop) and have the laptop as wireless as you suggested.

However he has a BT Home Hub so I'm unsure if yours will support doing that.

Sparx

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Home Edition
Yeah you will be able to do that, I recently bought a new router and i currently have my pc and xbox 360 hard wired and my wii going wireless and it works like a charm. :eek:)