• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Wireless zero configuration

skimaskman

FPCH New Member
Hello,

I am having a small problem with the wireless zero configuration service.

I have set up a wireless USB adapter and router for internet access, and it is working ok, but each time I start the computer, I need to start the wireless zero configuration service. It will not start automatically.

Do you have any suggestions as to why this may be?

I am running XP on a Dell Dimension 3100, and Using a Belkin adapter to connect to the router supplied by the iternet provider.

Is there anything else you need to know?

Thanks.

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
are you using the belking software to connect to the wireless.
if so have you tried allowing windows to manage the connection.
regards
danzil

skimaskman

FPCH New Member
Hi Danzil,

Thanks for the prompt reply, I have not been able to bget back on for a few days!

I installed the adapter from the CD, but could not connect to the router through the belkin utility, so I did it through windows.

Is there a way I can check that windows is managing the connection, and if so, how would I check that it is doing it properly?

Cheers