• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Wolfeymole, got another question for you :)

videovinnie

FPCH Member
Well this is probably as dumb as the last problem I had, but here goes...

When I installed xp sp2 I decided to try more than one install of xp on the same hard drive. Well that didnt come to pass, way over my head.

Anyway, now I am stuck with 3 extra partitions on my system drive and the xp C drive partition is filling up fast. Is it possible to remove the extra partitions thus returning the drive to it's full capacity as C only without wiping out my drive?

I dont know if I was clear on that so my apologies if not. Thanks for your help in advance. I may not be able to reply again until sometime sunday so don't think I am ignoring you or that I am just plain rude. :)

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
Yes if they are PARTITIONS you can remove them with the Disk Management utility within Windows.
However you will need software to then make it all become one single disk again. I would not recommend using an extended partition with the internal software of Disk Management.

I normally use Partition Magic but I'm sure you're looking for a free solution so I'll have to look around or maybe one of the other guys can point you to a free version download tool to use.

videovinnie

FPCH Member
Thanks!

AdvancedSetup, Hi & thanks for your comments. And yes I would appreciate anything you can point me to to fix this problem. Sorry for my late reply. vv