• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

word/wdperfect conversion prob.

ty

FPCH New Member
running windows xp home

on dell inspirion 6000

My wife downloaded a test for school in which she would fill in answers, numerical and written.

When she opened the file...it opened as a wordperect document ( we have wordperfect)

She completed 4 hours of work and emailed the file back to the school.

The prof. says they received only "some" of the document. and that she needs to send it as a "word" document.

When my wife tries to open the document a box comes up and says "conversion" in process.

At that point the computer freezes and is unable to open document in any format.

She emailed document to me and same thing happens.

She would really just like to open the document never mind emailing it...

(Can't open document w/ any application)

thanks for the help... ty

Jamey

FPCH Member
There is a free word processor that is very similar to WordPerfect and Microsoft Word: AbiWord. Download and install it, make sure you tick any options to install filters/converters. There is a plug in for WordPerfect files. So therefore you should be able to open this file in AbiWord and it will convert it into a usable format. Good luck.