• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

XP performance problems

FPCH New Member
Jan 18, 2012
PC Experience
I live in rural France and my internet connection is "dial up" @ 35Kbps - - - YES 35Kbps, so I have to be patient. Recently I downloaded Internet Explorer 9, and eversine then my computer has failed to work properly.

For instance I can sign in to my hotmail in box, see all my new messages, but I am unable to open them, I also can not open messages I have read before.

Next problem is even more frustrating, I select a website like Google, only to be advised "Internet can not display this page" bot if I click the back button at top left of the screen - - there is google. Then I can be on a website quite ok, but after a few seconds/minutes it disappears and again I get the message "Internet can not display this page.

Apart from throwing the damn thing into a lake has anyone any ideas or solutions

Oct 19, 2008
Wirral UK
Hi and welcome to FpcH

Which part of France are you in ?

Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove
If IE9 is there click on it to uninstall.

IE will revert to an earlier version.