• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Yahoo Mail Web Page Problems.

madon37s

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi all,

As if I wasn't having enough internet problems at the moment!

When I click on the Chrome icon on my desktop I have it so it automatically opens my yahoo mail page but I've just started having a problem whilst doing that! I now get a message saying "Page not available" "The requested page is not available on mail" I then have to click on a box below the writing that says "Go to Inbox" which does work but I shouldn't be having to do that every time I open my Yahoo mail page via the Chrome icon.

I have already entered my Yahoo Mail page link to the Google settings page where you can pick your own webpage to appear as your home screen but this problem still appears every time I click on the Chrome Icon to open Chrome up. Please see the pictures below :-

DSCN7505.JPG DSCN7506.JPG

Any ideas anyone?

AWS

PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
The problem is the links to the page are now dynamically generated by Yahoo. They started doing this as a security measure a week or so ago. Make sure the link you use goes to:
Code:
https://mail.yahoo.com/
If there is anything after the trailing / you'll get the error.

madon37s

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Ok, so I changed the home page link via the Google settings page to the one you showed me, restarted my computer but when I clicked on the Chrome icon the page still opened like the first picture in my initial thread with the long address in the search bar at the top!

madon37s

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Any ideas as to what is going on at all?

Top Bottom